maton | vera may ltd.
Preis: 3.548 Euro
In Celebration of Vera May’s 100th year.
The matriarch of Maton Guitars and the wife of founder Bill May, Vera May turns 100. To celebrate, Maton is set to release one of the most beautiful guitars we have ever produced.
The Vera May includes a number of firsts for Maton. The headstock is an elegant rethink of our W.A May headstock, which in itself is a 21st century interpretation of the headstock that appeared on the very first Maton Bill May built in 1946. An elegant gloss finished streaky ebony veneer with a Mother of Pearl logo contrasts beautifully with a figured blackwood headstock veneer.
The 808 sized body is bound with ebony and inner pinstripe bindings. The rosette has been carefully designed to match also featuring ebony and pinstripe rings.
The soundboard of the Vera May is made from Lutz Spruce, a naturally occurring hybrid of Sitka Spruce and White Spruce (a close relative of Engelman Spruce). As often occurs with natural hybrids Lutz has a certain amount of “hybrid vigour” combining the best elements of both trees. The result is a soundboard with the stiffness of Sitka but with a little less density. This results in a greater balance of subtle overtones which is a delightful combination in a smaller bodied guitar like the Vera May
The soundboard is finished in U.V cured gloss, providing strength and protection to the wood and enhancing its natural top end sparkle.
The blackwood back, sides and neck are finished in our special tuned satin finish, providing all that warmth and midrange our 808 series is famous for.
The fingerboard and bridge are made from streaky ebony, a material we have come to love for its strength, stability and tone as well as its earthy beauty. The fingerboard features snowflake inlays and a 12th fret Vera May signature block inlay .
The Vera May comes with an AP5 Pro pickup system and case. The first 100 guitars will come with a limited edition Ivory Hiscox case and the label hand signed by Vera May herself.
The New Vera May is not only a superb instrument but also a very special part of Maton’s story.
- Model: Vera May
- Body Shape: 808
- Face: "AAA" Lutz Spruce
- Back and Sides: "AA" Blackwood
- Neck: Blackwood
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Streaky Ebony
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Ebony With Rings
- Soundhole: 95 mm
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Inner Binding: 5 Ply WBWB Purfling
- Outer Binding: Ebony with Rock Maple Pinstripe
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Vera May - Blackwood Sides - Ebony Wedge
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: Snowflakes With 12th Fret Block Inlay
- Back & Sides Finish: Natural Satin lacquer
- Top Finish: Natural UV High Gloss
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Gold Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black with Gold M
- End Pin/Strap: Gold
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53
Mation_Vera_May_00003120-19306.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003121-19307.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003122-19308.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003123-19309.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003124-19310.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003125-19311.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003126-19312.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003127-19313.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003128-19314.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003129-19315.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003130-19316.jpg Mation_Vera_May_00003131-19317.jpg